Virtual Trash Folder
- From: Craig Routledge <webstuff craigroutledge com>
- To: Balsa List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Virtual Trash Folder
- Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:01:41 +0000
Back in Januray there was a thread entitled
"Re: 'Delete' v. 'Move to trash'".
for the start of the thread.
The idea was to collapse the two different kinds of delete into one while
preserving existing functionality. This would be less confusing to new
users and would simplify the interface. It could also be the basis for
generic user-definable virtual folders.
My understanding is that it would go something like this:
* actual messages remain in their original mailbox with
deleted flag set
* Trash is no longer a real mailbox, but an index consisting
of pointers to messages marked as deleted in the various
* keep the "Hide (/unhide) messages marked as deleted"
* deleting from Trash folder permanently deletes message
- what about non-local mailboxes and synchronization?
- do we keep a persistent state?
- do we have a lazy update? (items don't appear in
Trash until remote mailbox is checked?)
- other ideas?
- still use expunge (per mailbox), or just "Empty Trash"
- what about same message in two different mailboxes?
- should be okay if both are clearly labeled in terms
of originating mailbox
] [Thread Prev