questions about getting balsa to compile

I just joined this mailing list, so hopefully I'll be able to post to it.

When I run configure it says "Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by gnome-libs install". It is supposed to be in /usr/local/lib. I don't know where this file come from or how to create it, so how do I create it??? How do I get balsa to install??? I'm lost, and there is nothing on the website so you can ask questions and find out about stuff. Please help.

--
             EMPOWERMENT FOR A LIFETIME
All you ever wanted to know about Success on the 'Net