Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.3.4 released

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 11:30:37PM +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
> Major highlights of this balsa release wrt 2.3.3 are:
> - possible buffer overflow in IMAP code fixed.

Hi everyone,

Balsa 2.3.4-1 Debian packages for i386 are currently awaiting uploading
at http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/debian/ as usual.

Could someone please elaborate on the "possible buffer overflow" and
specifically point out the affected code if it's present in 2.3.0. If
it's serious enough, I'd like to call in the Debian Security audit team
to take a look and see if a backported patch will be required for Sarge.

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

     Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
	 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & Computer Science, UNSW
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"