Problem with Yelp

hello everybody,

-- System Information:
Ubuntu 5.10
Kernel: 2.6.12-10-386

Balsa 2.3.3
Yelp 2.12.1

I just recently switched to linux so I am not even sure this is a
balsa or a yelp bug.

Balsa was installed via synaptic, and works, but I cannot access the
help file.
it is at
/usr/share/gnome/help/balsa/C/balsa.xml

and there is the omf-file at:
/usr/share/omf/balsa/balsa-C.omf

To get the following messages I started Balsa from the shell.
The Yelp browser opens and displays the contents, but the shell says:
hannes ubuntu1:~$ balsa
** Message: init gpgme version 1.0.2
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/hannes/.gnome2/yelp-bookmark s.xbel"

(gnome-help:11360): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_stock_lookup: assertion
`stock_id != NU LL' failed
Unmatched element: releaseinfo
Unmatched element: pubdate
Unmatched element: q

(gnome-help:11360): Yelp-CRITICAL **: history_pop_back: assertion
`window->priv- >history_back != NULL' failed

when I click the first entry in the yelp window I get:
embed_open_uri_cb uri=x-yelp-toc:Applications
embed_open_uri_cb uri=file:///usr/share/gnome/help/balsa/C/balsa.xml
Unmatched element: releaseinfo
Unmatched element: pubdate
Unmatched element: q
embed_open_uri_cb uri=file:///usr/share/gnome/help/balsa/C/balsa.xml

(gnome-help:11360): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
gtk_tree_row_reference_new_proxy: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL
(model)' failed

and a popup complaining »__yelp_toc« doesnt exist in this document.

when I click any other entry the popup complains >>NULL<< doesnt
exist.

how could I solve this problem? reading xml in a text editor is not
much fun!

regards
hannes

p.s. used pegasus mail under windows, the only reason I didnt change
to linux earlier. Balsa may well be a worthy sucessor.