Re: sig11 trace

On 03/08/2004 04:13:30 AM, Mario Mikocevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> balsa 2.0.16
>
> I got forwarded e-mail and clicked on forwarded part ->
>

> ** (balsa:10687): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to
> pango_layout_set_text()
>
> ** (balsa:10687): WARNING **: Invalid UTF8 string passed to
> pango_layout_set_text()
> (no debugging symbols found)...TODO: part_info_init_audio
> TODO: part_info_init_other
> TODO: part_info_init_model

OK, there seem to be a couple of issues here:

1.  The invalid utf8 warning shouldn't happen.  Could you run
Balsa --g-fatal-warnings to trigger a stack trace for the
warning?

2.  The libbalsa_message_body_get_content_type code checks for
NULL strings, so the segv is presumably caused by passing a non-
NULL but still invalid address to strlen.  The string addresses
come from the libmutt backend, which makes it harder to debug.

The second issue doesn't affect the 2.1 series, but I'd like to
look into the first.  If you don't mind sharing the message, or
you can find an inoffensive one that triggers the same errors,
could you post it?

Thanks!