Configuring Balsa to Send Mail

Recently compiled and installed Balsa 2.0.17 and am having
some difficulty sending mail.  I'm running FreeBSD 4.9 and
using Sendmail as the MTA.  Also have Mutt-1.4.2.1 installed
along with Procmail-3.22_4.

Balsa is currently configured to utilize the same directories as
Mutt, i.e.,~/Mail, etc., and also utilizing the same mailboxes.

The configuration in Balsa is as such.  "Remote Mailbox Servers"
is empty.  "Local Mail" is ~/Mail and "Outgoing Mail"-"Remote
SMTP Server" is set at "localhost:smtp".

I've been successful sending mail to myself, except that I
always receive two copies of each note but I don't see my notes
in either Balsa's "Sentbox" or Mutt's "Sent" files.  In addition
I haven't yet received a response from notes sent to others.

Would appreciate any assistance/direction you can provide.

Thank you.

Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0