Re: balsa 2.1 and the filters

On 06.06.2004 18:18:02, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 06/06/2004 06:51:10 PM, manu wrote:
[ snip ]
Peter. I have the same problem : the Inbox (the /var/spool/mail/ myusername mbox) has a few filters attached to it, and they "almost" work; they are always some messages that stay stuck in the inbox whereas they should have gone to another mbox.

They stay, and not flagged as deleted? Is the destination mailbox read-only?

Even weirder I get the same filtered message several times in the destination mailbox, all but one being marked as deleted (this is when the filter is applied upon reception).

That's been fixed in cvs since the release of 2.1.3--filters were being applied to recent messages, not just recent _undeleted_ messages, so all matching messages were moved whenever a message was added to the mailbox, even though some were deleted. But this would happen only if the original message was moved successfully, and flagged as deleted in the source mailbox.

Actually you're right I do not see that anymore (I was unable to compile for the last few days because of GTK_WRAP_WORD_CHAR undefined in gtk-2.2.x).
But still with lastest CVS I have messages that are not correctly filtered, they stay in my Inbox. And IIRC it could be that I have 10 messages from balsa-list and say 8 get filtered, and 2 stay in the Inbox (I will try to confirm that though).
Bye
Manu