Crashes when dragging to IMAP mailboxes, simplifying preferences

I have had problems in both the 2.0 and 2.2 versions of balsa, where if I drag
a message to an IMAP mailbox that is not currently open, balsa crashes.  This
was very consistent and repeatable.  I wrote a patch that checked the mailbox
and opened it if necessary in mailbox_imap.c, but I can't seem to get the crash
consistently anymore.  Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is my patch
totally irrelevant, and I'm having some other problem?

Also, I recall seeing a message some time ago questioning whether "Re" and
"Fwd" should be translated.  I would have to say that I don't think it should,
based on the IMAP THREAD=REFERENCES draft, which specifically calls out "re:"
and "fw:" or "fwd:".  Hardcoding these to Re and Fwd would simplify preferences
as well.  I also note that the "JWZ" threading does not conform to this draft.
I've hacked on this as well, but my code strictly follows the draft in that it
does not handle translations of "Re" and "Fwd", nor does it handle the user-
configured strings or the popular "Aw:".  It's not well tested either.

On the subject of reducing preferences, what do people think of getting rid of
the "reply prefix" pref?  Seems like the people on the list leave it at the
default of ">", and I recall seeing a comment that implied an RFC specifying
this as the "correct" prefix.   A quick search didn't get me any details,
however.  I would not object to removing the configuration for the "Quoted Text
Reguler Expression", either, as long as the default value worked well (which it
has, for me).

--
Steve Wall