balsa-2-0 cvs; autogen.sh error

Cheers all,

as you may know, I've been running balsa-2-0 cvs for quite a while now. I encountered some problems lately and re-co'ed the whole thing.
./autogen.sh now gives me the following error in the libmutt directory:

Running autoheader...
configure.in:23: warning: AC_CANONICAL_HOST invoked multiple times
Running automake-1.4 --gnu  ...
Makefile.am:14: variable `NSSSOURCES' not defined
Makefile.am:14: variable `NSSSOURCES' not defined
Makefile.am:14: variable `NSSSOURCES' not defined
Makefile.am:14: variable `NSSSOURCES' not defined
**Error**: automake-1.4 failed.

.. which is very puzzling. Is it some missing library? libnss-dev is installed and up-to-date on my system, I don't suppose that's it.

I've also been tracking Jean-Luc's balsa-HEAD automake problems, but it appears that the trouble is not with the version of automake, as putting REQUIRED_AUTOMAKE_VERSION=1.7 doesn't help. I also seem to recall Pawel saying a while back that automake 1.4 is required (and nothing newer supported) for balsa 2-0.

Could someone please tell me what, if anything, I'm doing wrong here?

TIA,
	Kacper