Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.1.90 released

On 07/04/2004 05:24:23 PM, Craig Routledge wrote:
I assume this is why I didn't get a response to my questions regarding "Backporting a fix for the .desktop menu file", because you are so close to another stable release and so it wasn't worth the trouble.

I am just about to commit that to balsa-2-0 branch as I test building it under FC2. balsa-2-0 has not been recently a center of developers' attention as far as I can tell.

has been released ( http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/ ) and if 2.2.0 isn't out soon, 2.0.17 will be what everyone sees for the next nine months or so. It's been my experience that Fedora and Red Hat releases tend to, if not freeze, go into a slush as of the first test release and it becomes hard to get things updated after that.

I personally aim at releasing 2.2.0 this week - before Saturday, in any case. Whether it will actually happen is another question :). There are still some open problems but I believe it is still worth to push for this release.

1. there ws a problem with filtering messages containing multiple same headers with different values. There is a patch that almost fixes the problem.

2. mail signing and encryption is a more serious problem but I think the right way to go about it is just to state the list of the problems and attack them one after another. I am not a heavy crypto user in this sense so I do not really know what is to be fixed. The things that come to my mind are:
a. interoperability of crypto and Imap mailboxes.
b. boundaries problem with gmime.

I do not think a. is a show stopper. b is more serious one and I do not quite know what to do about it.

Pawel