Re: To: address disappearing

On 01/26/2004 12:08:38 PM, Foeh Mannay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone else find that if they paste an address into the
> To: field using the middle button that it disappears when you
> click send?

I've just committed to both branches of cvs a couple of changes
to the address entry code: replacing newlines (and other control
characters) with spaces, and a fix for this disappearing address
trick.

This problem has arisen only with some changes in GtkEntry
somewhere down the line, changing the way pasting is handled, so
it may not have been affecting all users.  I've tested the fix
only with Gtk+ version 2.2.4, so I hope it plays nicely with
other versions.

As of Gtk+ 2.4, GtkEntry will support completion, so with luck
we'll be able to drop Balsa's hacked-up LibBalsaAddressEntry.