Re: would be nice if you reply...

On 01/30/2004 01:01:44 PM, Dennis Heuer wrote:
> hello -
>
> I found out that balsa supports nested mailboxes but couldn't
> find out how that works. When I append a mailbox, it is only
> listed below the others. Is this feature only for network-
> mailboxes to contact? I wanted to have different mailbox-files
> sorted into a tree...

If you manually create subdirectories in your ~/mail directory,
Balsa will show them as folders in a tree structure.  You can
then use File => New => [various mailbox types] to create
mailboxes.

Since MH and Maildir mailboxes are themselves subdirectories,
they double up as folders (though the icon is still a mailtray),
and you can create nested mailboxes.  Incidentally, both are more
robust than Mboxes, and Maildir in particular seems to be pretty
much immune to locking and file corruption issues.

Balsa does not at present support Maildir++-type nesting.

HTH!