(no subject)

Hi,

is it somehow possible to bind an identity to certain outgoing
addresses? I have just sent another mail to an ml I am subscribed to
with another than my subsciption address in the From-header. As some
lists have a policy of not accepting mails from unsubscribed addresses,
or only accepting them after review by a list moderator, that can be
quite annoying. I think, something like this could be convenient:

On Send Message, the address in the To-field is mapped against a list
of the From-address.
If there is an entry for the  To-address and the From-address matches
that entry, just silently send the message.
 f there is an entry for the  To-address and the From-address differs
from that entry, ask for confirmation (and replace the From-address if
needed).
For new To-addresses (ie, no list found), there could be several ways
to deal with: asking to map it to the current From-address, asking to
take the From-address from the defaut identity, or just assuming that
the user knows what he's doing and sending the mail silently.

Best regards,

Andreas