Re: messages in sentbox

On 01/24/2004 01:50:42 PM, tn fenster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> balsa (2.0.16) copies files into the sentbox even if I don't
> actually send them but just put them in the outbox via "send
> later". Is there a way to avoid that behaviour as it is very
> confusing if I decide later not to send the message and delete
> it from the outbox and still there is the message in the
> sentbox implying that I sent it...
>
> Tobias

Hi Tobias!

That's not simple, because by the time a message has been stored
in the outbox, it's ready for sending and has been stripped of
any internal hints like where to file a copy.  Balsa does use a
nearly final form of message with such hints, when it saves or
postpones a message into the draftbox.  Perhaps what's needed is
a queuebox, where messages can be stored that are ready for
sending except for that final stripping.

A queuebox might also be helpful in implementing per-identity
SMTP servers.  At submission time, messages with the same server
could be processed into the outbox for libESMTP to process in a
single session, repeatedly until the queuebox is emptied.