Re : Stalled when gpg is updating the thrusted database

Le 20.01.2004 20:45, Albrecht Dreß a écrit :
> Am 20.01.04 13:28 schrieb(en) Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh):
>> When I open a signed mail with a missing key it asks me to click to
>> import the key.
>> This triggers gpg to enter a thrusted database update.
>> While doing that (it is _very_ long), balsa is stalled.
>
> Well, balsa should not stall... when you click the button, the
> command
>
> /where/your/gpg/lives/gpg --no-greeting --recv-keys fingerprint
>
> is launched in background, and balsa just looks if the process has
> been finished using a timeout callback. This should not block balsa,
> even if it takes a long time (keyservers are sometimes slow) to get
> the key. I never saw this behaviou before, so I guess this *might* be
> a problem in your gpg setup (maybe the command above somehow "locks"
> gpg, and the next call via gpgme to gpg is simply postponed until the
> first on terminates - wild guess).
>
> Cheers, Albrecht.

Normally, everything went fine, I get the eky and it say that the key
is valid / invalid. Sometimes it says that the key is missing and I
have at the end of the message a big button to click to import the key.
At this moment, I can see that gpg is eating a lot of cpu and balsa is
not accessible anymore. I tried to lauch gpa at the same time. There is
then a popup tellin me to wait while gpg is rebuilding the trust
database with the mention that this may take few seconds ... In fact
this takes 10 to 20 _minutes_. When this popup disapear, I can access
gpa ... and balsa at the same time ...

--
Regards
			- Jean-Luc