Re: Idiot question

On 01/18/2004 04:53:48 AM, Mpiktas wrote:
[ snip ]
> I think not, because it happens to me too (Debian Sid, Gnome,
> Metacity, Balsa 2.0.15). If I try X windows way to copy email
> address (select copies to clipboard, middle mouse button click
> copies from clipboard) it does not work, because the From
> address is selected and it overwrites your desired selection.

OK, perhaps that's the difference: when I open a compose window,
the cursor is in the (empty) `To:' address field, and no text
anywhere is selected.  If I'm replying, the address fields are
all filled out and the cursor is in the text--still no text
selected!

> If you use M$ Windows way of CTRL-C and CTRL-V it works. The
> simple workaround would be not to highlight From address, then
> both ways will work. In my opinion highlighting From address is
> not useful anyways.

Agreed--and I have to shift-tab into the From address field to
get it highlighted!  I don't understand what's going on here ;-(