Re: ANNOUNCE: development balsa-2.1.0 released

Am 2004.01.12 15:06 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 01/12/2004 03:04:42 AM, Steffen Klemer wrote:
>> Am 2004.01.11 23:30 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
>>> Hello,
>>> Balsa team would like to officially announce balsa-2.1.0 release
>>> available at
>> Hi,
>> great to hear such good news.
>> I have some problems when compiling:
> Hi Steffen!
> Sorry to hear about the compile woes.  The simplest fix for the 1st
> would be to upgrade GMime to 2.1.something.  However, we can configure
> Balsa for either case--patch forthcoming.

Thanks to you and Pawel,

I installed GMime 2.1 and found that gtkhtml3's la-files included -pthread
instead of -lpthread ...

Now everythink is compiled and fine, except soem minor things I've found

But first: A real great step forward - parsing of my huge mbox is much
faster then before and everything looks much smoother! - great!!!!!!!
Thanks to everybody involved!

1) it doesn't include my signature anymore - <strg>+z doesn't work as well
as the menu-entry
2) the size of msgs is always 0
3) Some mails aren't parsed correctly (haven't found a scheme which are
and which are not, yet. Sometimes (seldomly) you have unread entries in
the msg-list with no sender and no subject and the date 01.01.1970 1:00
Other times the sender is there but no subject and the date is as well

After opening this mbox (it's really a mbox, no mh, no maildir) in balsa
these mails often have a new line between their headers (most often after
content-type) - it surely wasn't there before and after deleting it
everything works fine again. But this seems to be only sometimes the
I'll write more tomorrow!

But like I said: great work!!!!!

PGP signature