Re: Problems with public folders

On 12/16/2004 04:41:40 PM, Misu Moldovan wrote:
However, I have some issues with Balsa 2.2.6 (as packaged in Debian
Sid), the most annoying being that Balsa doesn't mark as read the
messages that I've already opened in a public folder on an IMAP server

We really should. The only reason we do not is that Cyrus imap server incorrectly complains when trying to store session-only flags. I guess we should just ignore response we get from cyrus.

I don't know how Mozilla/Thunderbird mark them as read, although the
folders are read-only. But currently I'm keeping both Balsa and

Are these flags persistent or get reset next time you start Mozilla? The fact is, Mozilla uses quite extentisive client side mapping and I can imagine they could manage client-side flag maps. Balsa can mark messages as read for a session - implementing more extensive client-side caching might be worth it but it would require much more effort, too.

Thunderbird opened all the time and I use Balsa for regular mails and
Thunderbird for reading mail in public folders. And somehow the
messages that show up as read in Thunderbird show up as read in Balsa
too,

That's really interesting! Even if the folders are read-only?

However, I cannot currently figure out how to configure Balsa to
behave properly in regards to public folders.

Currently, you cannot: the code has to be amended. One has to discuss desired behavior to decide what is the expected balsa behavior.

Pawel