Re: reverse flying folder effect when dragging msgs

Jerry L. wrote:

Balsa versions: 2.0.x and 2.2.5

This is one of those things that is much easier to observe than to describe, but here goes,,,

After dragging msgs from one folder to another the following often happens as a somewhat delayed effect ( a few seconds after the drag is over):

For lack of a better term, the "flying folder" icon travels from the dragged-to mbox to the dragged-from mbox (ie backwards) for several iterations (total possibly due to num of msgs dragged), as if Balsa is signalling that the msg drag is being rejected (the msgs, in fact, do transfer ok). This animated icon occurs in the foreground over any other cascaded windows, Balsa or not (apologies for the lack of correct technical terms).

This can be pretty annoying - does this anomaly, as described, sound like a Balsa issue or a Gnome issue?

I confirm this. It's a very strange issue. I've seen this for several years in Balsa, but not so much in the last 2.2.x releases.

Any ideas for possible solutions?

Thanks,
Jerry

just 0,02€