Re: Running from GKrellM: Multi-threading issue?

On 06 Dec 2004 06:06:52, Andrew Conkling wrote:
I've set up GKrellM to run Balsa from the mailchecker just by clicking on
the number next to the rotating envelope.  (Quite handy for me.)  However,

it only seems to work once; any subsequent attempts don't run.  It seems
like this would happen if an instance of balsa were running when I press
the button, but it is closed.

I noticed that this was mentioned before:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2001-September/msg00033.html
3 years later and the issue remains; can anyone confirm where the problem
lies?  (Those messages provided no conclusive answers.)

quoting my reply from 3 years ago:

this is a Gkrellm bug. this means it doesn't rip it's children properly.
that usually leeds to all kind of nasty bugs cause the application gets
confused on programs are "active" and "inactive"
been there, done that ;)

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/ 0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A