Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.2.4 released

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 01:19:28PM +0000, Pawel Salek wrote:
> Balsa team would like to officially announce balsa-2.2.4 release
> available at http://balsa.gnome.org/
> Major highlights of this balsa release are:
>
> - GPE address book support -
>  http://gpe.handhelds.org/projects/GPE-address.shtml

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused about that last item. Having read the URL, I was
under the impression that Balsa now supported the transfer of contacts
between itself and those on a GPE-running Palmtop device.

But then I noticed the following in ./configure --help:

  --enable-touch-ui       Enable Touchscreen UI mode (default=no)
  --with-sqlite=DIR       Use SQLite for GPE address books (default=no)

So is this feature about actually running Balsa on a GPE device and not
communicating with one?

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

	Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & UNSW Computing Students' Society President
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"