Re: Balsa 2.2.3: can't change sort order (from/subject/date) with threading enabled

On 2004.08.21 21:24, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

I just noticed that with balsa 2.2.3, if I click on any of the
From/Subject/Date/etc headers in the message listbox, the
sorting order doesn't change as it did before.

Turning off threading (View -> Flat Index) makes it work, and
in fact, those settings stick after I reenable threading.
So the workaround is to temporarily disable threading
when changing the sort order.

I didn't mention that this is an IMAP mailbox, though you
might have guessed it based on my previous messages :)

Is this because IMAP uses server-side threading ? Would
there be any way to turn that off, i'm seeing some other
weird things that might be caused by server-side threading.

For example, sometimes when a new message arrives in an open
mailbox in an existing thread it isn't placed under the
existing thread but at the bottom of the list as new mail.

Perhaps it's my IMAP server that causes this (dovecot 0.99.x)
but I'm not sure.

Mike.