Re: Balsa crashes when answering mails

Good Morning,

I am sorry, everytime when I start balsa within the gdb as described in your mail, balsa doesn't start fully. It only draws the window itself and then it stops. In the gdb window I see two messages of the fork child prcesses and thats it ... any ideas ?

I also activated the follow fork option of gdb for both childs and parents and still the same result :-(

Regards
Alex

On 08/16/2004 01:39:08 PM, Pawel Salek wrote:
On 08/16/2004 12:13:55 PM, Alexander Spanke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  new week new question :-) My Balsa (2.2.3) is crashing everytime
> when  I  answer an mail :-( I already started balsa with -d option,

> see  message
> below,
>
> ---
> ** ERROR **: file mailbox_imap.c: line 738
> (libbalsa_mailbox_imap_release_handle): assertion failed: (mimap-
> >handle != NULL)
> aborting...

Running with -D would be more helpful (-d is for dumping POP3
sessions). Quote few last lines from the output.

Also, it would help if you could provide full stack trace. It can be
seen libbalsa_mailbox_imap_release_handle() is called from a wrong
context and full stack trace would help to localize it.

gdb /usr/bin/balsa
run
(wait until it crashes)
bt