Re: Balsa crashes when answering mails

I just started balsa with -D for debugging, and I got the same error message :( Now I will start balsa within a gdb session to collect the stack trace ....

I am sure I will send this in a few minues :-) Btw, the crash only happens when I answer a mail and I need more time to write my answer. Quick answers are working fine.

On 08/16/2004 01:39:08 PM, Pawel Salek wrote:
On 08/16/2004 12:13:55 PM, Alexander Spanke wrote:
> Hi all,
>  new week new question :-) My Balsa (2.2.3) is crashing everytime
> when  I  answer an mail :-( I already started balsa with -d option,

> see  message
> below,
> ---
> ** ERROR **: file mailbox_imap.c: line 738
> (libbalsa_mailbox_imap_release_handle): assertion failed: (mimap-
> >handle != NULL)
> aborting...

Running with -D would be more helpful (-d is for dumping POP3
sessions). Quote few last lines from the output.

Also, it would help if you could provide full stack trace. It can be
seen libbalsa_mailbox_imap_release_handle() is called from a wrong
context and full stack trace would help to localize it.

gdb /usr/bin/balsa
(wait until it crashes)

balsa-list mailing list
balsa-list gnome org

Alexander Spanke			 System Analyst
     NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11		   D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:	+49 211 5369 146   	   aspanke hpce nec com
Fax:	+49 211 5369 199