Re: 'search in email body' and 'input methods'

On 04/15/2004 10:25:48 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Kacper!

> what's up with the context menu on emails?
>
> For reading emails, "Input Methods"? How does that even apply?

Not sure about that one...

> and for writing& reading:
> Grayed out context selections? How about just displaying the
> selections that do apply?

Iirc, the HIG suggests that inapplicable items be grayed out but
not hidden, to let the user know that the corresponding
capability exists.

> Although I remember this being discussed previously on the
> list, I took a look in bugzilla and found nothing. Shouldn't
> the above be considered bugs?
>
> Also, on rare occasions, people post emails that are so big
> that I'm inclined to depend on a 'search in message body'
> feature. I was surprised that I was unable to find this in
> balsa.

Yes, I've missed that myself--volunteers?

> A global search feature to replace 'search in mailbox' would
> also do good, since now the only way to conveniently search
> across several mailboxen is to grep..

Perhaps we need the option of popping up a mailbox list with
multiple selection enabled.  I wouldn't want to start up a
`search all mailboxen' without some way to stop it!