Re: Address Books

Am 2004.04.01 23:09 schrieb(en) Russell L. Harris:
> On 04/01/04 20:16:40, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
>> On 04.01 07:09, Steve Blackwell wrote:
>>>
>>> The Balsa FAQ states that "You can specify a GnomeCard address book of
>>> your choice for Balsa to use.". I assume from this that GnomeCard is a
>>> standard format for data in an information Manager program. Most of
>>> the info I could find on it seems to be out of date; from around 2001
>>> and the Gnome-pim project does not seem to be active anymore.
>>>
>>> The only GnomeCard app that I can find is Rubica which does not seem
>>> to be widely used. Does people have any suggestions on a good
>>> GnomeCard App.
>>
>> GnomeCard can be found in the gnome-pim package.  It's out of favor
>> with RedHat, but I was able to compile and install from source on RH 9
>> with little difficultity.
>
> GnomeCard (installed via the gnome-pin package) has been running here
> without problems (Debian "sarge", Gnome2 desktop, Balsa 2.0.15).
> Perhaps the reason that there is no activity is because perfection has
> been attained.

This could be possible :)

But I have another problem with recent versions of balsa: completion of
adresses in the mail-window.
If you save 2 or more mail-addis for one person and type only the first
letters with a <tab> then not only one but all addis are saved.

I have selected "alternativ addresses for the same person" in File-
> Addressbook as well as in the adress-selection dialog.

e.G. you get

Philipp Gaffert: philipp.gaffertXweb de, lulluhXgmx net,
philippgaffertXhotmail com, philipp.gaffertXrtlworld de, PhGaffertXaol
com;

instead of Philipp Gaffert <philipp.gaffertXweb de>

cu
/Steffen

--
/"\
\ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict

PGP signature