Re: balsa compile error: libgnomeprint/gnome-print-master.h: No such file or directory

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 04:57:34PM -0400, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> pkg-config --modversion libgnomeprint-2.2
>
> returns a version >= 2.1.4 (see configure.in).  If it doesn't,
> configure falls back to libgnomeprint-2.0, which used those
> print_master symbols.  That seems to be what's happening to you.

pkg-config --modversion libgnomeprint-2.2 returns 2.3.1 as expected.

> Check whether you even have libgnomeprint-2.2.pc.

I think the problem stems from the fact that I have an old
libgnomeprint-2.0 in my /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ directory. This seems to
have been confusing the configure script into using the old style API.
Removing it resulted in an error-free compile :) Could this be fixed in
the configure script?

Thanks for your help.

Ed