Re: prototype balsa-index optimalizations

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:27:10, Bart Visscher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a prototype how the fetching and displaying of messages could
> be done. The idea is to let the balsa-index class tell the mailbox which
> headers are needed to display and thread. If the mailbox supports threading
> that is offloaded too. For IMAP further optimalizations can be done, for
> example the message structure could be retrieved and only the displayed
> parts fetched.

For imap with GMime we can do nifty stuff. GMime allows you to have mime-part
monikers that tie into the gmime stream. So you in a multipart/alternative
message you could ask for the part you want to display and keep an empty
placeholder for the other one.
To do this all we need is a generic get-part interface in libbalsa and
subclass a gmimestreamimap.

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/
0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A