Re: Fixed size for treeview

On 09/04/2003, emmanuel ALLAUD wrote:
>     Hi all,
> I have seen that gtktreeview will get a speed improvment when
> using fixed size (that is width and/or height, I'm not sure
> though). Do we already use that or not? If not it could be a
> good idea so we have a nice speed improvment on big mailboxes
> for free when gtk+2.4 is shipped ;-)
> Bye
> Manu

At present, Balsa does not use fixed height. At one point in the
past, I was using a font that displayed Korean text, and the
display adjusted its size when a message with those characters in
a header was displayed, but that went away with some upgrade ;-(

If it offers even a small speedup, I'd vote for fixing. Others
who actually see tall characters might vote against!