Re: reading msword attachments

On 10/13/03 09:01:25, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> On 2003.10.13 09:53, Russell L. Harris wrote:
>>  Running Balsa 2.0.15 under Debian 3.0, with most mailboxes in
>> maildir  format:  How does one go about reading a msword attachment?
>> The HELP isn't  much  help regarding this matter.  I have available
>> both the abiword and antiword packages; should I  simply point one
>> of them into the mailbox? or is there a more  proper   way to
>> approach this?
>
>  I'm running GNOME under Debian (unstable, with abiword 2.0) and
> abiword  is registered as the MIME handler for MS word (.doc) files.
> So I just go to the attachments tab, click on the msword attachment,
> and balsa responds with 2 buttons - "save" and "open with abiword".
> Should work for you too - if not, just save the attachment and open
> it with abiword or openoffice seperately.
>
> Mike.

Thanks, Mike.  The SAVE feature was just pointed out to me by Kacper
Wysocki.

Kindly tell me how to register abiword as the MIME handler for .doc
files.

And to the Balsa developers:  The more I learn about how to use Balsa,
the more I'm appreciating the engineering which has gone into this
wonderful package.

RLH