Re: [dvd::rip] Subtitles getting cut off

On 10/12/03 18:53:23, Justin Graham wrote:
> Playing around with the manipulation settings caused a few different
> things. For one, almost any index setting other than 0 caused the
> entire
> frame to be filled with the background color for the subtitles, I
> could
> shift this box of color up and see the movie at the bottom but the
> subtitles still won't move. I'm ripping another movie right now to
> test
> and see if it works properly there.  Without clipping/zooming the
> adjustments properly apply to the subtitles and change the background
> etc. but they still refuse to move up.

Yes, I saw the background color filling when I did color manipulation
too. Finding the right combination of indices and color values took me
about an hour(!). It's a bitch, and the manual is frank about this too.
There are quite a number of different possibilities: (4^2)*2=32
different ways to set it up. If you're seeing background color try
adjusting either gray value to 255 (max). And yes, I've had no problems
with subtitles on other movies, so it seems to be material-specific.

Cheers.