Re: balsa maildir problem

On 11/14/2003 02:29:07 PM, Paul Bilodeau wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I am a balsa newbie, and am trying to get balsa to see my
> Maildir mailboxes.  The strange thing is that balsa can see
> other sub-directories within my $HOME/Maildir/ as folders, so
> Maildir/foo/cur/, Maildir/foo/new/, and Maildir/foo/tmp/ exist
> but balsa just sees a mailbox named 'foo'(no sub-directories
> cur, new, or tmp) that has mail in it that I can read. However,
> balsa insists on seeing Maildir/cur, Maildir/new, and
> Maildir/tmp as directories and treats the messages within as
> mailboxes.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Did you set up ~/Maildir as your basic mail folder?  Balsa will
find maildir setups *within* the root folder, and nested folders
will be found automatically, and you can add a maildir setup
*outside* the root folder (but nested folders will not be found
automatically), but it may not handle maildir as the root folder
itself.

HTH,