balsa maildir problem

Howdy,

I am a balsa newbie, and am trying to get balsa to see my Maildir mailboxes.  The strange thing is that balsa can see other sub-directories within my $HOME/Maildir/ as folders, so Maildir/foo/cur/, Maildir/foo/new/, and Maildir/foo/tmp/ exist but balsa just sees a mailbox named 'foo'(no sub-directories cur, new, or tmp) that has mail in it that I can read. However, balsa insists on seeing Maildir/cur, Maildir/new, and Maildir/tmp as directories and treats the messages within as mailboxes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Paul