Re: Balsa CVS doesn't compile (ldap_destroy_cache)

On 2003.05.06 13:16, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2003.05.06 12:59, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> [latest CVS]
>>
>> gcc [many many options] -Werror -c address-book-ldap.c
>> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
>> address-book-ldap.c: In function
>> `libbalsa_address_book_ldap_close_connection':
>> address-book-ldap.c:201: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> `ldap_destroy_cache'
>> [snip]
>
> ldap_destroy_cache() is declared in ldap.h (openldap-2.0.27) that is
> explicitely included in address-book-ldap.c. Which version of ldap
> libraries do you try to compile balsa against?

openldap-2.1.17

In that version, all references to the ldap_*cache* functions have been
deleted, the functions have been replaced by empty stubs, and a
comment at the top of cache.c reads:

  *  cache.c - just shell functions for the now defunct LDAP caching
routines
  *              to be deleted in the next "full" release

So I assume that ldap_destroy_cache() is obsolete ...

Mike.