rejected messages resubmitted

Hi

I'm currently trying to sent up a mail server running sendmail,
mimedefang and clam antivirus.

I have it set up so that when a virus is detected in incoming mail, it
is immediately rejected.  Something like "Milter:data, reject=554 5.7.1
Virus Lirva-C found in mail - rejected", is found in the sendmail logs.

I've testing mozilla mail and it handles it correctly, showing the
error message.  However using balsa, it says "Message submission
problem, placing it into your outbox. System will attempt to resubmit
the message until you delete it."

The only reference to this string is in libbalsa/send.c but I'm
clueless as to how to fix it...

Thanks

Troy