Re: Usability-issues - part I

I had a look into into "sendmsg-window.c" today, and I didn't
understand too much of C, as I was afraid. :)
However, it looks like these rows on top are constructed in a kind of
factory, which creates the label, the text-entry and the ab-button
automaticly, so that was the reason for designing the From-field that
way, ok.
If noone else addresses this, I might take a look into that later on,
right now I'm too stupid to change anything without breaking quite a
lot, I had to notice. :)

bye,

Darko

Am 25.03.2003 18:38 schrieb(en) Darko Obradovic:
> After using balsa for quite some time now, I noticed quite some
> things in the UI which could be solved in a slightly better way for
> daily usage, at least imho.
> Te thing I've git the best suggetsion for right now is identity
> handling:
>
> Current state in the compose-window is a row for "from", optional of
> course. I have the row on by default, and when clicking on "compose"
> the text is always marked/selected, which often destroys the
> X-clipboard, that's not good. Very fine is the detection of the
> correct identity when replying emails. However, to change the
> identity, you have to click on a toolbar-button or a menu entry,
> giving a new windows, and so on, not that user-friendly. And there's
> the addressbook-button on the right... I think the only real benefit
> for that is eased spoofing of your friends mails. *g*
>
> My suggestion would be:
> People only having defined one identity shouldn't see this row ever
> by default. People having multiple identities should get a
> dropdown-field with their defined identitites to choose from. No text
> should be pre-selected. The addressbook-button should be left out,
> the identity-choosing-window as well. It would be somewhat simpler in
> my imagination. Whether to make that filed editable or not might be
> discussed, I can't decide for pros and cons.
> If I were able to code, I'd come up with a patch, but so I just can
> come up with some thoughts. :)
>
> Darko

PGP signature