Re: pop3 server timeout?

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 15:55, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:31:07, Christopher Thielen wrote:
> > hey guys,
> > 	is there any way to set the timeout to a pop3 server? i have bad
> > latency in my connection and i need to set it to around a minute or so.
> > thanks.
> >

> hum ? you need to set it cause your connection has latency ?

Yes, when connecting to some servers on ports other than port 80, such
as when I do POP3, I have pretty bad latency that I'm trying to get
worked out with my ISP, but before the latency period ends and the
connection is fully established, Balsa reports that it could not
connect. My best guess is, it times out, as it doesn't wait long enough
for the latency period to end. Is there a place I can tell Balsa to wait
longer, or maybe even a place in the source code I can set?

-- chris (chris@luethy.net)