Re: rubrica ?

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:29:42, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Am 17.06.03 16:56 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
>> Agreed--first impressions are good!
>
> The first impression is rather good, but it seems to have some rough edges
> when dealing with my imported gnomecard file... At least an improvement
> over the old gnomecard!

not only that, but at some point the existing gnome-pim packages will just
stop working

>> Could it be added as something to be checked for at configure time, or
>> would it have to become a dependency?
>
> Isn't it possible to get a default VCARD handler from Gnome-VFS (Nutscrape
> adds them as text/x-vcard, which seems to be non-standard)? I would prefer
> that over just an other config option.

that would be interesting. we already have a vcard interpreter but it has
some issues iirc.

however, rubrica uses it's own xml storage. maybe we could persuade them to
be able to 'open' vcard instead of just 'import'ing it