Re: Quick poll regarding "View Source" option.

Am 31.07.2003 19:36 schrieb(en) Albrecht Dreß:
> If you want to simplify the gui for beginners, what about adding a
> "user level" option with settings, say, "beginner", "average" and
> "hacker"? Then we could hide some "confusing" menus and parts of the
> prefs dialog in a more sophisticated way.

I don't think it benefits the user that much. Nautilus tried that in
Gnome1: I set it to expert in my very first gnome-session ever. And
obviously they removed that for Gnome2. ;o)
Despite that it's no good for maintaining the code.
What they have are a few special "hidden" gconf-settings, not reachable
by the gui. I think that's ok, cause I like to disable the nautilus-
desktop. :o)

Darko Obradovic

PGP signature