speed issues with large mailboxes

Hi,

I'm using Balsa for quite a long time now and it's a great mailer. Yet
handling of large mailboxes (2000+ letters) is a bit slow. For example on my
Debian Sid, Athlon 750Mhz, 256MB RAM machine opening of mailbox with 2800
letters takes about 20 seconds, and after first 5-10 seconds Balsa becomes
unresponsive till it opens the mailbox. Is there any plans for improving the
speed? Or is there some bottleneck which will slow the process no matter how
hard you will try to improve it? If there is such a bottleneck, maybe it is a
good idea to display say first 100 letters and load others in background?

Mpiktas

PGP signature