postpone/continue (2.0.12/Gnome2)

With balsa 2.0.12 on the Gnome2 desktop under Debian Sarge ('testing'):

When I postpone a message and subsequently attempt to continue
composition, I find that the body of the message has disappeared,
whether or not I have pressed the SAVE button before pressing the
POSTPONE button.
Also, when I highlight a message in Sentbox, Outbox, Draftbox, or
Trash, only the header is visible; the bottom of the screen (where the
body should appear) is a solid grey field.  Only for Inbox are both the
header and the body visible.
I am using the maildir structure for all mailboxes:

~/mail/sentbox/new
...           /cur
...           /tmp

~/mail/inbox/new
...         /cur
...         /tmp

~/mail/outbox/new
...          /cur
...          /tmp

~/mail/draftbox/new
...            /cur
...            /tmp

~/mail/trash/new
...         /cur
...         /tmp

Is use of the maildir structure not allowed?
RLH