Re: Balsa 2.0.5. problems (especially the fetchmail/procmail/balsa combo)

On 2003.01.15 09:50 Christopher Culver wrote:
> After being away from Balsa for a while (got mugged, computer stolen,
> had to wait two months for a new one), I've recently installed version
> 2.0.5. I'm having some difficulties however:

Ouch! Well, at least you're still alive!

> I remember having the same problem when I last installed Balsa (2.0.1
> or
> something) several months ago, but unfortunately do not remember how I
> solved it. It would be wonderful if instructions on how to use Balsa
> with /var/spool/mail were easily available at balsa.gnome.org.

Hmm, that's weird., I just started with Balsa a few days ago and don't
remenber having all these problems. Let me see now... I've set up a
POP3 account and I selected the "pass thru procmail" option. And I look
at the properties of my Inbox, it's a /var/spool/mail file and is
marked as my Inbox. I'm having no problems.

> 2) Attempting to retrieve or send mail immediately freezes Balsa.
> There
> is no debugging output beyond that it is beginning the process. I've
> tinkered with settings to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know I had a couple of freezes immediately after I installed Balsa.
I'm not sure I did anything in particular but I haven't experienced
anything like it since then.

Hmmm.. After reading my message, it doesn't seem so useful. :-(

Laurent Duperval <laurent.duperval@microcell.ca>

Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius.