Re: Balsa 2.0.5. problems (especially the fetchmail/procmail/balsa combo)

On 2003.01.15 15:50 Christopher Culver wrote:
> 1) My mail receipt is set up so that mail is acquired from the POP3
> server by fetchmail, processed through procmail, and ends up in
> /var/spool/mail/kricxjo. However, balsa will not allow me to set
> /var/spool/mail/kricxjo as Inbox and, if I change the config file
> directly, pops up immediately two windows. The first, titled Balsa
> Information, states "/var/spool/mail/kricxjo is not a mailbox." The
> second, titled Information, states "Unable to Open Mailbox! Please
> check
> the mailbox settings." Now, as far as I can tell, procmail delivers in
> normal mbox format, so why is Balsa reporting that it isn't a mailbox?
> How do I get Balsa to use /var/spool/mail/whatever as the Inbox?

I could reproduce these problems. I guess I should be able to provide a
fix shortly. The quick fix (for me) was to edit ~/.gnome2/balsa and
leave just one [mailbox] section with /var/spool/mail path.

> 2) Attempting to retrieve or send mail immediately freezes Balsa.
> There is no debugging output beyond that it is beginning the process.
> I've tinkered with settings to no avail. Has anyone else experienced
> this?

What distribution is this? What is the output of ldd path/to/balsa? Is
libc listed before libpthread? RH8.0 has inccorectly built libpspell
library, you need to remove -lc from /usr/lib/libpspell.la

> And finally, a bug report. Going to "New...local Maildir mailbox" and
> selecting a file which already exists will consistently crash Balsa
> for me.

It does not crash for me, but gets very, very close (lot of Critical
errors). Definetely something to fix.

Pawel