Re: Balsa 1.4.1 libmutt bug + patch

Carlos,

I have done a little more poking around in the balsa source and found that
the .mh_sequences file is used properly, with 1.4.2, if you flag a
message, or explicitly mark it as unread using the GUI.  The problem is
that new messages are never marked in the .mh_sequences file, whether you
download mail using Balsa's POP functionality or using a program like
fetchmail.  The result of this is that Balsa never sees any "new" mail.
Everything is assumed to be read.

Asmail tries to count the number of unread messages by parsing the
"Status:" header in each email. I have been looking how to update asmail
to use .mh_sequences, but since Balsa never updates this file when new
mail arrives, and other programs, like fetchmail, do not update it either,
the result is that asmail always displays the wrong number of new mail --
and there is no obvious way to fix it to use .mh_sequences.

The only options I can see are 1) update Balsa and other programs like
fetchmail to properly write .mh_sequences, or 2) have balsa write the
"status" header when a message changes (as when it is flagged or read).

Any thoughts on how to address this problem?

Thanks,

julian