Re: New mailbox interface and gmime messages

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:15:46 Bart Visscher wrote:

> > I think we shouldn't add extra APIs to keep a roling working CVS, it's
> > OK to totally break things on devel and get a nice structure in the end.
> >
> > Having a backend-backend is alluring but i'm not sure the "cleanness"
> > pays off the slow down
> I'm going to try moving the code from libmailbox to the Balsa classes, but
> keeping the libmutt uses localized to the Mailbox and Message classes.
> What do you think of the other changes in libbalsa? Do you have any
> comments on the gmime usage?

gmime should be used whenever possible. preliminarily i'd say mh/maildir
and sendmail will be the core of libmutt code moved to libbalsa. i like
the way libmutt virtualizes stdio - that is a very strong point but
i'm not sure how it fits into gmime and libbalsa yet.
the rest of libmutt is mime parsing and imap.