Re: feature request

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got an email from A person on the getmail mailling list:

> In my messages to the mailing list, I set the Mail-Followup-To: header
> field
> to indicate that I do not want to be copied on list messages.  Your MUA
> is apparently ignorant of this feature.  You should write to the
> author(s) of
> your MUA and ask them to support this feature.  You may refer them to
> http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html
> for additional information on this feature.

It seems that:
1. this header is not standard
2. its usage is controversial.

See eg. thread

http://www.gnus.org/list-archives/ding/199802/msg00184.html

for other point of view on this feature.

I would rather consider rereading rfc822 to make sure we do handle
reply-to etc properly.

BTW, have you tried using "reply to group" feature of balse?

/Pawel