Re: Bold unreads

Le 2003.02.28 13:02, Peter Bloomfield a écrit :
> On 02/28/2003, Emmanuel wrote:
>> 	Hi all,
>> before I submit my patch : I want balsa to show unreads mails in
>> bold fonts (so that we can get rid of the unread pixmap), but what
>> do you want in bold : subject, sender, size, date...?
>> Patch is ready, waiting for your replies to be launched ;-)
>> Bye
>> Manu
>
> I'd make the entire line bold (also, for unread mail in the thread,
> the entire line in the appropriate color).
>
> But...why do you want to get rid of the unread pixmap? Every MUA I
> ever used had one, even those that used bold as additional emphasis
> (well, OK, every graphical MUA!).

Just to have a coherent way to signal to the user that the message is
unread. I think that graphical UI has to be really careful on how it
communicates with the user : it should be not to heavy, but be
unambiguous. So in that mind I think bold font and pixmap is redundant.
But it is just my VHO.
Bye
Manu