Re: Stability problems ?

On 02/27/2003 Steffen Klemer wrote:
> Am 2003.02.27 15:31 schrieb(en) Emmanuel:
>> 	Hi all,
>> just to know if my happiness is shared by others ;-) : do you still
>> have stability problems (I mean crashes, hangs or whatever) with the
>> 2.0.9 version.
>> For me all goes smooth now (I do not use IMAP heavily though, but
>> all other features like filtering on reception are working great).
>
> using cvs from 20.2.2003
>
> Although no imap on my side, and in that way really stable
> only things not working like they should:
>
> 1) There is a menu for a default identity -> doesn't work at all

I don't seem to have one--where is it?

> 2) the show-all-headers button is not syncronised with the menu entry
> in View

It's not meant to be! It toggles between all-headers and whatever is
selected on the View menu. Changing the View menu entry overrides, and
resets the button to inactive. At least, that's what *seems* to
happen...IMHO, using a toggle button and a three-button radio group to
manage the same set of options is bound to be confusing!

> 3) some hangups after applying in the preferences menu, while a
> mailbox is open (can't reproduce it right now)

If you manage to reproduce them, let us know.

> 4) (really annoying) the sendmsg-window doesn't handle foreign chars
> in the headers part when you type them yourself (e.g. the To-field:
>
> I start typing "jö" and after that the whole line is blank, but if
> you now press backspace everything is back...
> There is an entry in my addressbook called "jörn zuber"
> But I think it will be the same with any other foreign char!

Is that during auto-completion? I'm not sure the addressbook handles
utf-8 properly.

> 5) the "view source"-GtkTextView is editable :-)

Didn't we fix that once?!!  Sigh...committed.