Balsa support to read and write OE mailboxes ( Want to implement it )

Hello Balsa development team,

I regularly use Linux as well as Windows. So to have a reliable mail system
that is able to use the same mailbox in Balsa ( which I prefer on Linux ) as
well as in Outlook Express ( which probably won't support any other format
too soon ) it is necessary to get Balsa to be able to read and write the
Outlook format of mail boxes ( AFAIK I found some libs and code how to do
this already ). Based on the balsa website and the messages in the mailing
list I am pretty sure that there is no plan to implement this so that I will
do it myself.
However, before I start this ( and before I take a deeper look into the
balsa code ) I would like to ask the Balsa developers ( and others reading
the list ) for status information on which thoughts have been around
concerning this topic.

A first plan of mine is to introduce a common API to balsa to access
different mailbox types ( threw different libs ), so that it will be easier
to write a library to access a OE mailbox.

In hope of a successful project achievement,

best regards,

Norman Jonas
normanjonas@arcor.de