Re: Comments please: gpg/rfc 3156 support for balsa (looong) (and gmime)

On 2003.02.25 17:28:24 +0000 Emmanuel wrote:

>> i'm all for pgp on 2.0 but as i said before the backend work will be at
>> least partially lost if we do use gmime so, this looks like a good time
>> to ask, does anyone have anything to say against using gmime ?
>> (gmime can be made part of the balsa tarball to avoid yet another
>> dependency)
>
> Hm the question is : if Albrecht has something which is almost working in
> the 2.0.x frame, do we want to wait any longer to have pgp support?

I didn't mean "don't do it" - i meant keep in mind this will probably
not be definitive if the gmime thing pushes forward. also, gmime does
this so it's a good source of err example code :) (i'm fairly sure
jeffrey doesn't mind :))

> So I think we could evaluate if Albrecht's work is advanced enough to give
> us an immediate support of pgp in balsa-2.0.x, and then decide what to do?

yes - that's a good description of what's happening.
i just wanted to put this forward now so that the list can give input on
it and albrecht doesn't feel well, betrayed :)

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds